Creative Critical Reflection #3

       Throughout the duration of this project, I was introduced to new themes and technologies that I integrated into my project. Until now, I have never filmed a movie or used editing software and I never would have thought that so much planning and strategies went into filming and marketing a film.

       My production skills developed tremendously while filming my project. While filming, my partner and I would have a scene already planned, but then we would think of something bigger and better that we could do. To make a great film, sometimes the director has to improvise!

       After our first film was shot and edited, my partner and I though it was a really great production. We worked hard on it and had to present it to the class. Audience feedback is extremely important when it comes to producing a film, if the audience doesn't like it, the film won't succeed. Sadly, our horror film to the audience was missing the horror. We went back to the planning stages and rewrote the whole movie, making sure to keep in mind our class's feedback. The said that it was missing suspense and over the thrill of the scare. It was slow. So we decided to actually create the monster for the audience to see. We liked this film even more than the first. The people who had watched it said that we really took into consideration their feedback.

Comments